The question of how the Google search engine works is a mystery to many. It is fascinating to know how the entire Google search engine functions. Google takes information from various sources to offer it to the user’s screen. Google uses web pages, content submitted by users, public databases, and book scanning to ascertain information. In short, if we break down the entire process, we conclude that it shows three stages of Google search engine.
Google has the highest user interface rating, offering answers to millions daily. To keep it going smoothly and at a good pace, Google involves three steps to provide users with information. These three steps are mentioned below in detail.
Crawling is the first step taken by Google to get information from the web. In this step, Google finds information that exists on the web. Google is continually searching for information and adding it to its list of available pages. Many website owners submit their pages to Google to be crawled. This way, the content is better viewed and received by readers. Several pages are known to Google, and there are many new discoveries by following links. Once Google comes across a new page, it adds it to its list of available pages to be produced to the reader quickly whenever required.
Once Google visits the page, it crawls to gather information from the page. Google crawls the page to get information on the same and relate it to the reader’s requirements. Google analyzes both text and non-text items on the page to ascertain what it is, and once recognized, it ranks it in the search result. The better Google understands the page, the better search ranking is offered to the page.
The process of crawling is done following some basic rules that can help you improve your site crawling. Below mentioned are some of the tips and tricks to improve the site crawling of your page.
● It is essential to verify the page so that Google can reach it. The page should look appropriate and correct. Google needs to ascertain that all the images and text on the page is visible and accurate. Google visits the page as an anonymous user, which means a user with no username and password.
● If you have updated an existing page or created a new one, you can inform Google for the best results. To do this, you have to use a sitemap.
● If you are asking Google to crawl on a single page, then ensure it is your homepage. The main page that has to be crawled as per Google is the home page as it is the most crucial page of the entire website. Ensure the homepage is well-linked with all the pages on the website to increase your ranking.
● You can also get your page linked to another page that is already recognized by Google. This way, Google can crawl your new page.
After recognizing a particular page, Google tries to understand what the page contains and what it is all about. This process involved in recognition of a page is called Indexing. To understand a page, Google has to analyze its content and catalog all images and video files. After ascertaining the information, Google stores it in the Google index. Google index is a vast database stored in many computers worldwide.
Google tries to focus on each page’s element, such as indexed and non-indexed, to ascertain information. Once the information is received, it is easy for Google to categorize it and store it in the Google index database. This database provided huge information organized in various segments and was designed to be produced whenever required.
There are specific ways that you can improve your page indexing.
● One of the best ways to improve the Indexing is to create titles that are short and meaningful. Large titles are not well recognized by Google, even if it is not ranked higher in the Google search engine.
● Using page headings while conveying the subject of the page will help you to improve your page indexing. This way, you get more focus while Google indexes your content.
● It is best to use texts on your pages. Google does recognize several videos, but Google best recognizes texts.
The ranking is also known as serving, as it is believed to be the process of forwarding information to users when they find something in Google. When a user types their query on Google, Google tries to find the most relevant answer. The answers are looked at in the index database and are based on several factors. When Google searches for answers, it looks for the best quality and text and a lot of content for the user to understand and be satisfied with the search.
While searching for answers, Google looks at various factors, such as its location, device, and language. This way, Google can offer the exact solution the user is looking for. One straightforward example of this is when a user in England searches for bicycles; they receive a different answer to that living in Paris.
There are various ways through which you can improve the ranking in Google. Some of the best practices are mentioned below –
● Ensure the page created by you is fast to load and user friendly. The page should load up both on mobiles and computers for the best results.
● Keep your page up to date and ensure you put useful content for users to read and gain information from it.
● If you follow the Google Webmaster Guide, you can get various ideas to ensure a good user experience.
● Utilize the SEO starter guide to do the best practices and increase your ranking wisely.
Google takes the above three steps to help get solutions to users. Following the method of crawling, indexing d ranking ensures Google of offering the right results to users. The secret behind an excellent search result every time users find something in Google involves only three significant steps which is remarkable. The way Google has helped the world through its source of information is unmatched.