Best Billing & Invoicing Apps for Andorid & iOS
The question, “what is a web application?” gets asked often. In the simplest of terms, a web application is a client-server software application which runs within a web browser. A web app can include instant messaging apps, online graphic editors, Wifi Marketing management, and office apps. What makes web apps useful for end users is they can be accessed wherever there’s an Internet connection, including on a mobile device. This is especially important for small businesses and nonprofits, who may not have the resources to hire staff to manage jobs such as accounts payable/receivable, invoicing and even customer service.
Web apps allow small businesses the opportunity to compete with larger companies within the same market. Moreover, web apps are platform independent. Not to mention, these apps can be installed quickly and work like a website. Yet, when running a small business–it’s imperative to get your clients billed and paying on time. In fact, late payments can wreak havoc on a small business or non-profit. If you’re having difficulty keeping up with accounts payable and receivables, as well as invoicing.
Here are the best apps for Billing & Invoicing
- Due is one of the most popular invoicing web apps available today. One of its best features is speed. You can use it to immediately to create highly professional invoices. In addition, it comes with a billing timer so you know the exact time to send clients an invoice. Moreover, you can export your invoices or estimates as an XML or CSV file. Not to mention, it lets you know which invoices have been sent or paid and which ones are due. You can also customize it for discounts, language, taxes and more.
- Xero is another popular web billing and invoicing app because it’s feature-rich. It comes with functions such as expense tracking, bank reconciliation and multi-currency. Furthermore, you can extend its features with add-ons and third-party apps. This app is also compatible with iOS and Android. From any device, you can get a real-time view of your cashflow. You can even use your mobile app to send invoices, create expense claims and reconcile. In addition, you can import and categorize your latest bank transactions, followed by a simple click to reconcile. If you manage payroll, Xero lets you calculate payments, pay employees and manage payroll taxes.
- Freshbooks is a very user-friendly invoicing app which requires little-to-no-training to get started. You can even place your logo on your invoice. Moreover, you can use to do perform actions such as:
- Sending paper copies
- Calculating taxes
- Getting paid in any currency
- Initiating repeat billing
What’s more is you get to see if a client has viewed or paid your invoice in real time. FreshBooks also integrates with other apps such as:
- Invoicera. It seems the name says it all here. This app offers features relevant to businesses of all sizes from free invoicing templates–which, can be converted into PDF files–to offering a variety of languages. You can also use Invoicera’s reports feature to forecast revenues in the future in order to assist with creating your budget. If you have fewer than three clients, you can start with a free plan. This web app even features portals for your clients and vendors from a single dashboard. This way, you can ensure all of your invoices and payments are sent and received on time. You can even pull up detailed invoice aging and outstanding reports. If you run legacy ERP and CRM systems, Invoicera can be integrated. Plus, Invoicera is connected to over 25 global payment gateways enabling you to receive all of your payments online.
- Simplybill allows you to easily create invoices. The company website states it has “been designed to be the easiest online invoicing solution out there.” Yet, that’s not all. Simplybill also comes with around 40 template designs including an option for tax rates. You get a dashboard giving you a 360-degree view of your invoicing history as well as a look at when payments are overdue. You can get a free 14-day trial, as well. You can also add and label tax rates based on the rules in your country such as VAT and Sales Tax. The fact that SimplyBill is cloud-based means all of your data is saved. If you accidentally delete an invoice, it can be pulled back up. There aren’t any server/platform requirements either. All you need is one of these browsers:
- IE 9 or above
- MoonClerk allows you to accept recurring and one-time online payments. To illustrate, you can:
- Get paid from anywhere.
- Create a customized checkout.
- Charge up-front fees, surcharges and one-off payments.
You can even accept donations online. It works on desktop and mobile devices to allow you to get paid anywhere. You don’t even need a website. Plus, MoonClerk offers full SSL encryption and PCI compliance.
- Wave is an accounting app for small businesses, which includes customized invoicing capabilities. You also have features such as recurring payments, adding messages, creating estimates, invoicing multiple businesses and alerts when invoices are viewed. What makes it most inviting is the app is free. Wave is cloud-based, which means you can access your data from anywhere, at any time. It also connects to your bank accounts and credit cards so that transactions can appear in your bookkeeping instantly. It also comes with smart dashboards to give you a birdseye view of how your business is doing. If you’re worried about data vulnerabilities, Wave is PCI Level-1 certified for handling credit card information.
Web apps help small businesses and nonprofits with administrative tasks, from any device, something not considered feasible a decade ago. As a result, you don’t need unlimited resources to compete on a global scale.